Dillards won't stand by bad furniture

74 of 78 Dillards reviews

I received a Lane recliner for a Christmas present. It was purchased at Dillards in San Antonio.

After 6 months, screws started to fall out of the chair. When I replaced them, they just fell out again.

I complained to D in August. A woman tried to help, but nothing was ever resolved.

Since this was a gift, I have no receipt, but I have the date of the charge and the amount of the charge.

Dillards says they can't find the purchase.

As of today Oct. 14, no one has come out to look at the chair.

BTW, don't buy anything from Lane. I don't think very much of their products.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
74 of 78 Dillards reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Annabella

Dec 18, 2012 #583329 San Antonio, Texas, United States

I purchased two identical leather Lane recliners from Dillards approximately 8-10 years ago for the TV room. They've held up beautifully and get used a LOT! They're also way more comfy than the two La-z-boy recliners we have in the family room.

Nickintx

Nov 17, 2012 #570510

Dillard's is such a class act. After multiple complaints posted on their website about the poor quality of their furniture they took that part of the website down. When I called their service center about it they said 'We never sold furniture off the website, only in stores, so the decision was made to stop advertising it on the website'. I was one of the consumers who posted a comment and I really don't appreciate their underhanded tactics. I am stuck with a $3000 Bernhardt sectional that is literally decomposing in front of my eyes. I live alone, have no pets, and the sofa is in the middle of the house away from direct sunlight. There is no reason for the leather to be peeling other than poor craftsmanship. I suggest you buy your furniture anywhere else BUT Dillards.

Chuckietheiceman

Oct 26, 2011 #364518

Dillard's is infamous around the web for robbing people on shipping charges, never offering coupon codes and a generally poor retail experience. Former employees tell me that some brothers own the joint and only care about real estate. I once called customer service and was treated like a dog (sorry, way worse).

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Dillards. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Dillards.
Filing a new complaint about
×