Dillards - Price adjustments only if exact item (size, color, etc.) is still in stock?!?!

5 of 78 Dillards reviews

I'm not a regular customer of Dillard's - in fact I don't recall ever purchasing anything from them before an online order placed 7/25/16 for a women's twinset that was "Permanently Reduced" and was a "Non Returnable Item". Since I'm not a regular customer of Dillard's I mistook "permanently reduced" pricing to mean it was the lowest price Dillard's would offer for the item as it wasn't simply a "sale price".

Imagine my surprise to receive an email from Dillard's on 7/28/16 advertising taking an additional 30-40% off entire stock of permanently reduced merchandise (list of items included). The item I purchased was $48.65 at the permanently reduced price the afternoon of 7/25/16 when I placed my order and the morning of 7/28/16 is been reduced to $34.05.

I called to ask for a price adjustment since it's been less than 3 days since I placed my order and was told "sorry, that's a non returnable item so no price adjustment can be made". What?!

I asked what other items were excluded from price adjustments and was told that the item in question must also still be in stock.

The rep used the twinset I purchased as an example. It's still in stock, but not in my size so even if it hadn't been a "non refundable item" she would not have been able to refund me the difference in price. What the ***?!?!

Long story short: I'll chalk up this one Dillard's purchase up to (bad) experience and keep spending my money elsewhere while counting myself lucky that I managed to avoid Dillard's for as long as I had.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Monetary loss:
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #890361 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Dillards? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
5 of 78 Dillards reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Dillards. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Dillards.
Filing a new complaint about
×