I'm not a regular customer of Dillard's - in fact I don't recall ever purchasing anything from them before an online order placed 7/25/16 for a women's twinset that was "Permanently Reduced" and was a "Non Returnable Item". Since I'm not a regular customer of Dillard's I mistook "permanently reduced" pricing to mean it was the lowest price Dillard's would offer for the item as it wasn't simply a "sale price".

Imagine my surprise to receive an email from Dillard's on 7/28/16 advertising taking an additional 30-40% off entire stock of permanently reduced merchandise (list of items included). The item I purchased was $48.65 at the permanently reduced price the afternoon of 7/25/16 when I placed my order and the morning of 7/28/16 is been reduced to $34.05.

I called to ask for a price adjustment since it's been less than 3 days since I placed my order and was told "sorry, that's a non returnable item so no price adjustment can be made". What?!

I asked what other items were excluded from price adjustments and was told that the item in question must also still be in stock.

The rep used the twinset I purchased as an example. It's still in stock, but not in my size so even if it hadn't been a "non refundable item" she would not have been able to refund me the difference in price. What the ***?!?!

Long story short: I'll chalk up this one Dillard's purchase up to (bad) experience and keep spending my money elsewhere while counting myself lucky that I managed to avoid Dillard's for as long as I had.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of price adjustment policies. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of a product or service and associated monetary loss in the amount of $16. Dillards needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned a product or service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Dillards.

Had an Experience with Dillards?

Comments