Dillards - Price adjustments only if exact item (size, color, etc.) is still in stock?!?!
I'm not a regular customer of Dillard's - in fact I don't recall ever purchasing anything from them before an online order placed 7/25/16 for a women's twinset that was "Permanently Reduced" and was a "Non Returnable Item". Since I'm not a regular customer of Dillard's I mistook "permanently reduced" pricing to mean it was the lowest price Dillard's would offer for the item as it wasn't simply a "sale price".
Imagine my surprise to receive an email from Dillard's on 7/28/16 advertising taking an additional 30-40% off entire stock of permanently reduced merchandise (list of items included). The item I purchased was $48.65 at the permanently reduced price the afternoon of 7/25/16 when I placed my order and the morning of 7/28/16 is been reduced to $34.05.
I called to ask for a price adjustment since it's been less than 3 days since I placed my order and was told "sorry, that's a non returnable item so no price adjustment can be made". What?!
I asked what other items were excluded from price adjustments and was told that the item in question must also still be in stock.
The rep used the twinset I purchased as an example. It's still in stock, but not in my size so even if it hadn't been a "non refundable item" she would not have been able to refund me the difference in price. What the ***?!?!
Long story short: I'll chalk up this one Dillard's purchase up to (bad) experience and keep spending my money elsewhere while counting myself lucky that I managed to avoid Dillard's for as long as I had.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Price adjustment policies
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "I took in five huge bags of name brand in style clothes the guy (Seth) didn't completely look through them a few items had spots I understood that, but while..."
- "After 15 months, my Asics running shoes fell apart. I'm a very casual runner and I don't ever run more than 3miles. My hand goes through the top, like a..."
- "So me and my mum got sucked into Twinkledeals and each bought the same grey tunic top which looked AMAZING on the model and in the picture (which I've helpfully..."
- "Take my advice and stay clear of this company! I went through *** trying to keep them honoring the "Binding Quote" that they say they guarantee! They tried to..."
- "Purchased Larson Security Elegant door on May 2015 from Lowes. First problem encountered were mount screws were too short to support the weight of the door. Called Home..."
- "I purchased an NFL jersey on what looked like NFLshop.com from my phone. It seemed like a great deal on Black Friday and it was too good to be..."
- "Just as others have stated, I should have read reviews first. I am so disappointed and frustrated with this joke of a company. However, I have filed a complaint with..."
- "Tried to order a watch online from replicahaus.ca for my daughter for Christmas. They sent the wrong watch and tried to tell me I was the one who screwed up..."
- "US Hole in One is based on Lies - Never Use them they claim millions of dollars in business winners office building complex is this the place for a large..."